Website Terms and conditions of use
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Health Careers Community Interest Company, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Health Careers Community Interest Company and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Health Careers Community Interest Company and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
You must be at least 13 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 13 years of age.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
- All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of Health Careers Community Interest Company, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission.
- You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
- retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
- print one copy of the Content
- You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Health Careers Community Interest Company.
- You acknowledge that you are responsible for any Content you may submit via the Website, including the legality∂, reliability, appropriateness, originality, and copyright of any such Content. You may not upload to, distribute or otherwise publish through the Website any Content that (i) is confidential, proprietary, false, fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, infringing on intellectual property rights, abusive, illegal or otherwise objectionable; (ii) may constitute or encourage a criminal offence, violate the rights of any party or otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law; or (iii) may contain software viruses, political campaigning, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam.” You may not use a false email address or other identifying information, impersonate any person or entity or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any content. You may not upload commercial content onto the Website.
- You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all the rights to the Content you post; that the Content is accurate; that use of the Content you supply does not violate any provision of these terms and conditions and will not cause injury to any person; and that you will indemnify Health Careers Community Interest Company for all claims resulting from Content you supply.
- You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website. You must not attack our website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website will cease immediately.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by us at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
- in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
- in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
- You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
- To access restricted content and purchase products and services on our website, you will be required to register and create an account that contains your personal details. You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
- You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provide when registering by updating your personal details to ensure we can communicate with you effectively.
- If we provide you with a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must adhere to not disclosing this information to any third parties.
- In the event that you suspect or know that another user knows your user identification code or password, you must contact us immediately via [email protected] and inform us of this.
- We may suspend or cancel your registration with immediate effect for any reasonable purposes or if you breach these terms and conditions. We will inform you of this via email and we reserve the right to terminate accounts without providing our reasons for this.
- You may cancel your registration at any time by informing us in writing to the address at the end of these terms and conditions. If you do so, you must immediately stop using the Website. Cancellation or suspension of your registration does not affect any statutory rights.
Links to other websites
- This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Health Careers Community Interest Company or that of our affiliates.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
- The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Links to our website
- Users and organisations may link to our website provided it is done in a fair and legal manner that does not negatively impact our reputation or seek to exploit our reputation.
- No links should be established to our website that implies (either explicitly or suggests) any form of association, endorsement, partnership, collaboration or approval without our prior approval. To obtain approval, please contact us via [email protected]; we reserve the right to remove approvals to link to our website at any time without notice.
- No links should be made to our website on both digital and/or non-digital resources that are not owned by you.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
- Any online facilities, tools, services or information that Health Careers Community Interest Company makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Health Careers Community Interest Company is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
- Whilst Health Careers Community Interest Company uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
- Health Careers Community Interest Company accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
- Health Careers Community Interest Company reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
- Except for restricted content, users can access our website free of charge. You may not access Restricted Content other than by following the procedures on our website for this access, including accepting the applicable Product Terms and Conditions. You may not (and may not attempt to) bypass, disable or circumvent any security features or processes on our website to access Restricted Content.
Limitation of liability
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
- To the extent that the Website and Content are provided free of charge, we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage of any kind.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Health Careers Community Interest Company accepts no liability for any of the following:
- any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
- loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
- any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our website or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our website. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- All information on website has been created as an educational resource and should not be used as a substitute for proper and personalised professional advice or be used to make decisions. Users must seek specialist and professional advice before acting on, or making decisions based on, information provided on the website.
- Content is periodically reviewed and updated however, we do not make warranties or guarantees that our content is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Health Careers Community Interest Company details
- Health Careers Community Interest Company is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 11756226 whose registered address is 10 Lockwood House, Lockwood Park, Huddersfield, United Kingdom, HD4 6EN.and it operates the Website www.healthcareersportal.com.
- You can contact us by email on [email protected]
LAST UPDATED: June 2019
By accessing the website at www.healthcareersportal.com (the ‘website’), or any subdomains of the website, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws, and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this website or the apps. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
For the purposes of the applicable data protection laws (the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR), together with any implementing legislation, in particular, the Data Protection Act 2018), we have registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office as a Data Controller (Reg No. ZA436617) and have incorporated a comprehensive Company data protection policy and code of practice. This Policy is incorporated into our Terms & Conditions (Terms & Conditions) and applies to information obtained by us through your use of the information, software, products, and services made available through the healthcareersportal.com website (Website).
Collection of your Personal Information
We collect information that alone or in combination with other data, could be used to identify you (Personal Information), such as your e-mail address, name, physical address, telephone number, school other educational information. If you make a purchase from us, we will collect and store your billing and credit card information. We may also collect anonymous demographic information which is not unique to you, such as your postal code, age, gender (Non-Personal Information). Non-Personal Information is not linked to your Personal Information (for example, your IP address).
We will collect your Personal Information in a number of ways, including when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through the other means set out below.
Information you provide when you register for an account
When you register for a Health Careers Portal account, you voluntarily give us certain Personal Information, including your:
- name and e-mail address.
- billing information, if you make a purchase. This is required to complete a commercial transaction on the Website.
Other information we collect
We also collect this Personal Information as you use the Website:
- User Content. This consists of all text, documents, content or information uploaded, entered, or otherwise transmitted by you in connection with your use of the Website.
Automatically collected information
When you visit our Website, we automatically collect information about your computer hardware and software such as technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. We will also collect information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number. We may also receive Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this website. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
We analyse and use this information to better understand how our users use the service, to maintain and improve our service, and in some cases, to publicly disclose aggregated statistics regarding our services.
Social media single sign-on
You will be able to log in to our Website using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain Personal Information with us, such as your name and e-mail address, together with other information from your public profile.
Use of your Personal Information
We collect and uses your Personal Information as necessary to perform our contract with you and for our legitimate business interests, including to:
- operate the Website and deliver the services.
- communicate with you about the services you use, as well as respond to requests for assistance, including account verification support if you’ve having difficulty accessing your account. We will send a welcome email following registration to all registered users. We also periodically send service updates to registered users.
- display user content associated with your account and make sure it is available to you when you use our services.
- understand and improve how our users use and interact with our services.
- publicly disclose aggregated statistics regarding our users’ use of our services.
When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract. When we process any payment made by you, we process your Personal Information to prevent or detect fraud, including fraudulent payments and fraudulent use of the Website. The legal basis for this processing is compliance with our legal obligations.
With your consent, we will send you direct marketing emails from our third party partners.
Storage of Personal Information
Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, we will only hold your Personal Information on our systems for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy, or until you request that the information be deleted in accordance with your right of erasure (see “Your rights” section below).
Even if we delete your Personal Information, we reserve the right to maintain a copy for legal, tax or regulatory purposes, but in such event, we will do so only as long as necessary to fulfil those legal, tax or regulatory purposes. Please contact [email protected] for more information.
Personal Information access and disclosure
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- vendors, service providers, sub-contractors and business partners to assist us in meeting business or operating needs. These service providers may only access, process or store Personal Information pursuant to our instructions and to perform their duties to us, and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- when we determine that disclosure is required to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Our Healthy Future and users of the Website, or to respond to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or requests by public or regulatory authorities, including requests by law enforcement authorities and exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purpose of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; or
- if we sell some or all of our business or assets, we may disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, and if the transaction closes, then your Personal Information may be transferred to the buyer.
We may disclose Personal Information to a member of our group, which means our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Status of this Policy and Your Consent
Where consent is required for our use of your information, by submitting your information to us you consent to our use of that information as set out in this policy; and if you disclose someone else’s information to us, you confirm that you have their consent to disclose this information to us and for us to use and disclose it in accordance with this policy.
Transfers outside of the EEA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
To ensure that your Personal Information receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate safeguards and procedures with the third parties we share your Personal Information with. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The Website uses “cookies” to help you personalise your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed by us or our remarketing partners on your hard drive by a web page server. Our cookies do not run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to your computer, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to your computer.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenient feature to save you time. The cookie tells the server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalise the Website pages, or register with the Website, a cookie helps the Website recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your Personal Information, such as your billing address or site preferences. When you return to the same Website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Website features that you customised.
We may place the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website more relevant to your interests and for remarketing as described below.
How to reject cookies
If you do not want to receive cookies, you can usually choose to opt-out by modifying your browser settings to decline them. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of, or to fully experience the interactive features of, the Health Careers Portal website and services.
For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. This site also provides details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
Data security & integrity
We are committed to taking reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the Personal Information that we hold from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access. We do this by using a range of technical and organisational measures including measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your personal information, please let us know immediately.
The Website is designed to secure the Personal Information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, with protections from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. When Personal Information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
However, while we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of all data which is transmitted to the Website or to another website via the internet or similar connection. If we have given you (or you have chosen) a password to access certain areas of the Website, please keep this password safe.
Under the GDPR, you have various rights in relation to your Personal Information, such as the rights of access, rectification, restriction, objection, portability, and erasure. Please note that these rights are subject to certain limitations set forth in applicable law.
To exercise these rights, please contact us via [email protected] or via post to Health Careers Portal [address]. Additionally, you can exercise your right to prevent such processing of your personal data for marketing purposes by checking certain boxes on forms we use to collect your data. We will seek to deal with your request without undue delay, and in any event in accordance with the requirements of applicable laws. Please note that we may keep a record of your communications to help us resolve any issues you raise.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority (for UK residents, the Information Commissioner’s Office, or ICO) if you believe we have failed to meet our obligations regarding your Personal Information. You can contact the ICO here.
Third party advertising
We use remarketing services to advertise our products to you on third-party websites after you have visited our Website.
Links to third party websites
Our Website includes links to other websites whose privacy practices we have no control of. If you submit Personal Information to any of those websites, your information is governed by their privacy policies. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or the collection and use of your personal information on these websites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We do not intend to solicit or collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, do not enter information on this Website or engage our services. If you believe a child or yours under the age of 13 has entered Personal Information, please contact us to have the data removed and terminate the child’s account.
Changes to this Policy
We will occasionally update this Policy to reflect company and customer feedback. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy to be informed of how we are protecting your Personal Information.
Please contact us at [email protected], or write to us at:
Health Careers Careers Community Interest Company, 10 Lockwood House, Lockwood Park, Huddersfield, United Kingdom, HD4 6EN.For more information, please review our Terms & Conditions.
LAST UPDATED: June 2019