By accessing the website at www.healthcareersportal.com (the ‘website’), or any subdomains of the website, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws, and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this website or the apps. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
For the purposes of the applicable data protection laws (the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR), together with any implementing legislation, in particular, the Data Protection Act 2018), we have registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office as a Data Controller (Reg No. ZA436617) and have incorporated a comprehensive Company data protection policy and code of practice. This Policy is incorporated into our Terms & Conditions (Terms & Conditions) and applies to information obtained by us through your use of the information, software, products, and services made available through the healthcareersportal.com website (Website).
Collection of your Personal Information
We collect information that alone or in combination with other data, could be used to identify you (Personal Information), such as your e-mail address, name, physical address, telephone number, school other educational information. If you make a purchase from us, we will collect and store your billing and credit card information. We may also collect anonymous demographic information which is not unique to you, such as your postal code, age, gender (Non-Personal Information). Non-Personal Information is not linked to your Personal Information (for example, your IP address).
We will collect your Personal Information in a number of ways, including when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through the other means set out below.
Information you provide when you register for an account
When you register for a Health Careers Portal account, you voluntarily give us certain Personal Information, including your:
- name and e-mail address.
- billing information, if you make a purchase. This is required to complete a commercial transaction on the Website.
Other information we collect
We also collect this Personal Information as you use the Website:
- User Content. This consists of all text, documents, content or information uploaded, entered, or otherwise transmitted by you in connection with your use of the Website.
Automatically collected information
When you visit our Website, we automatically collect information about your computer hardware and software such as technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. We will also collect information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number. We may also receive Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this website. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
We analyse and use this information to better understand how our users use the service, to maintain and improve our service, and in some cases, to publicly disclose aggregated statistics regarding our services.
Social media single sign-on
You will be able to log in to our Website using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain Personal Information with us, such as your name and e-mail address, together with other information from your public profile.
Use of your Personal Information
We collect and uses your Personal Information as necessary to perform our contract with you and for our legitimate business interests, including to:
- operate the Website and deliver the services.
- communicate with you about the services you use, as well as respond to requests for assistance, including account verification support if you’ve having difficulty accessing your account. We will send a welcome email following registration to all registered users. We also periodically send service updates to registered users.
- display user content associated with your account and make sure it is available to you when you use our services.
- understand and improve how our users use and interact with our services.
- publicly disclose aggregated statistics regarding our users’ use of our services.
When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract. When we process any payment made by you, we process your Personal Information to prevent or detect fraud, including fraudulent payments and fraudulent use of the Website. The legal basis for this processing is compliance with our legal obligations.
With your consent, we will send you direct marketing emails from our third party partners.
Storage of Personal Information
Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, we will only hold your Personal Information on our systems for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy, or until you request that the information be deleted in accordance with your right of erasure (see “Your rights” section below).
Even if we delete your Personal Information, we reserve the right to maintain a copy for legal, tax or regulatory purposes, but in such event, we will do so only as long as necessary to fulfil those legal, tax or regulatory purposes. Please contact [email protected] for more information.
Personal Information access and disclosure
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- vendors, service providers, sub-contractors and business partners to assist us in meeting business or operating needs. These service providers may only access, process or store Personal Information pursuant to our instructions and to perform their duties to us, and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- when we determine that disclosure is required to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Our Healthy Future and users of the Website, or to respond to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or requests by public or regulatory authorities, including requests by law enforcement authorities and exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purpose of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; or
- if we sell some or all of our business or assets, we may disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, and if the transaction closes, then your Personal Information may be transferred to the buyer.
We may disclose Personal Information to a member of our group, which means our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Status of this Policy and Your Consent
Where consent is required for our use of your information, by submitting your information to us you consent to our use of that information as set out in this policy; and if you disclose someone else’s information to us, you confirm that you have their consent to disclose this information to us and for us to use and disclose it in accordance with this policy.
Transfers outside of the EEA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
To ensure that your Personal Information receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate safeguards and procedures with the third parties we share your Personal Information with. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The Website uses “cookies” to help you personalise your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed by us or our remarketing partners on your hard drive by a web page server. Our cookies do not run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to your computer, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to your computer.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenient feature to save you time. The cookie tells the server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalise the Website pages, or register with the Website, a cookie helps the Website recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your Personal Information, such as your billing address or site preferences. When you return to the same Website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Website features that you customised.
We may place the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website more relevant to your interests and for remarketing as described below.
How to reject cookies
If you do not want to receive cookies, you can usually choose to opt-out by modifying your browser settings to decline them. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of, or to fully experience the interactive features of, the Health Careers Portal website and services.
For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. This site also provides details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
Data security & integrity
We are committed to taking reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the Personal Information that we hold from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access. We do this by using a range of technical and organisational measures including measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your personal information, please let us know immediately.
The Website is designed to secure the Personal Information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, with protections from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. When Personal Information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
However, while we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of all data which is transmitted to the Website or to another website via the internet or similar connection. If we have given you (or you have chosen) a password to access certain areas of the Website, please keep this password safe.
Under the GDPR, you have various rights in relation to your Personal Information, such as the rights of access, rectification, restriction, objection, portability, and erasure. Please note that these rights are subject to certain limitations set forth in applicable law.
To exercise these rights, please contact us via [email protected] or via post to Health Careers Portal [address]. Additionally, you can exercise your right to prevent such processing of your personal data for marketing purposes by checking certain boxes on forms we use to collect your data. We will seek to deal with your request without undue delay, and in any event in accordance with the requirements of applicable laws. Please note that we may keep a record of your communications to help us resolve any issues you raise.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority (for UK residents, the Information Commissioner’s Office, or ICO) if you believe we have failed to meet our obligations regarding your Personal Information. You can contact the ICO here.
Third party advertising
We use remarketing services to advertise our products to you on third-party websites after you have visited our Website.
Links to third party websites
Our Website includes links to other websites whose privacy practices we have no control of. If you submit Personal Information to any of those websites, your information is governed by their privacy policies. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or the collection and use of your personal information on these websites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We do not intend to solicit or collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, do not enter information on this Website or engage our services. If you believe a child or yours under the age of 13 has entered Personal Information, please contact us to have the data removed and terminate the child’s account.
Changes to this Policy
We will occasionally update this Policy to reflect company and customer feedback. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy to be informed of how we are protecting your Personal Information.
Please contact us at [email protected], or write to us at:
Health Careers Careers Community Interest Company, 10 Lockwood House, Lockwood Park, Huddersfield, United Kingdom, HD4 6EN.For more information, please review our Terms & Conditions.
LAST UPDATED: June 2019